If you plan to move home just as 40 million Americans do every year, chances are you’ll want to hire movers near you. However, it can be hard to choose a mover that you can trust. Do not worry, there are a few things you can do to improve your chances of finding a reliable mover.
When you’re asking “Are there any movers near me who are good?” you need to ask the right people.
Ask your Friends and Family
While many people are happy to search online for a moving company you may want to ask your friends and family. Word of mouth is still one of the best forms of communication in this respect. A friend or a family member will not recommend anyone who is not reliable. Ask them to tell you what the whole experience was like for them and how the moving company in question helped. You should get a clear idea of how good they are.
You may also want to think about reading reviews of local movers. Reading reviews will help you to spot which companies are worth hiring and which are worth staying away from. Make sure you read all of the reviews you come across so you get a clear picture.
Where to Find Moving Companies
When you’re looking for local or long distance movers you can typically find them on search engines and on review sites. Sites such as Yelp list many different movers and are ideal if you want to learn a little more about moving companies and choose the best mover. They often list a few reviews which can always be helpful.
You may also want to take a look at a few directories such as BBB. Directories such as these can help you to find movers in the local area who can help you move. They allow you to learn about and hire local businesses who may be able to help you.
The Advantages of Working with a Reliable Moving Company
There are many advantages to working with a reliable moving company:
– You won’t have to do as much work
When you hire a moving company you won’t have quite as much work to do. This is because some companies offer full-service moves this means that they can help you pack and move boxes. They can also take furniture apart (Such as bookcases) and put them back together again in your new home.
The team of movers will do most of the hard work for you. This means they will do the heavy lifting so you don’t have to. They can even store some of your items for you should you wish them to.
– They have experience
You may not have a lot of experience when it comes to moving home, but moving companies do. They know how to get a sofa down the stairs and through a very narrow door. Professional movers also know how to move anything and everything. While friends and family may be happy to help you they may accidentally damage your items if they don’t know how to lift things properly.
– They have insurance
Let’s imagine that you’re carrying your television and you drop it. Your television is so damaged that you need to replace it. This means you’ll have to pay money out of your own pocket. Should someone from a moving company drop your television their insurance will cover the cost. If you have a lot of valuable items you may want to buy additional insurance just in case.
– They have the right tools
When you’re asking “Is there a mover near me?” you should be aware that a company that operates near you is likely to have all the right tools. They will have a truck or two that will hold all of your items. They’re likely to have the right equipment that will help them move appliances and furniture. They will also know how to use moving blankets correctly so your items are not damaged. The good news is that all of this is usually included in the cost of your move.
How California Movers Can Help
We are a moving company in California with years of experience. We are local and long distance movers who care. We’re fully licensed and insured and we’re here for you and we are proud to offer you the following:
- Packing – We can pack everything for you should you wish us too. If you think you’re going to be too busy to pack, let us do all of the hard work so you don’t have to.
- Loading the truck – While some people are happy to hire a truck and load it themselves we can do this for you. Using one of our own trucks we will load and unload our trucks so you don’t have to. Leave the hard work to us, trust us, we enjoy it.
- Packing materials – We can supply our own packing materials if you would like us to. We can provide packing tape, boxes, bubble wrap, blankets, and more. We also use protective film on delicate items to make sure they don’t get scratched.
- Piano moving – We are experts when it comes to moving a piano and we haven’t damaged one yet. Using our skills, knowledge, and experience we will move your piano safely and efficiently.
- Moving your home – Our movers can help you move from a basement apartment to a sky-high condo. We can move you from a house in the middle of a city to a home in the suburbs. No matter where you are or where you’re going, we can help you move.
- Office moves – Would you like us to help you move your office? We can do this. We will work with you to ensure your move is handled effectively so you can get back to work very soon.
We’re a team of movers who can help you move from one end of California to another or across the street. We’re experienced, trusted, friendly, and professional movers who are here for you. Let us know how we can help you make your next move a better one.